Back in July, I posted my Summer Bucket List of things I wanted to do over the summer months of 2018. Seeing as we are now in the middle of winter two thousand and eight-about-to-be-nineteen, I figured it was about time to take my winter version* live so I can get cracking on it.
*I am taking winter to be October 2018 through to the end of March 2019
- Watch the sunrise – This was on my summer bucket list and it is not something I managed to do. I am keeping it on my winter bucket list as the sun rises much later in the winter so this might be more achievable… maybe.
- Freejumping – Again, this was on my summer list but it was something I never got around to, mainly because it was just so damn glorious outside, it was a shame to be indoors. Fortunately, the same can’t be said for these London winters, so I hope to tick this off soon.
- Tickets to Chicago – DONE! This one got ticket off in early November. I finally saw the show on the West End and you can read my thoughts here.
- Successfully pitch to a publication – After taking two years ‘off’ from writing pitches and putting myself ‘out there’, I am finally getting back into the swing of writing (after my university graduation) and before winter ends, I want to have pitched something, to someone, somewhere and had it be a success, and yes, I am keeping it that broad.
- Explore more towns and cities in the UK – I would like to get my butt back up to Edinburgh as it has been about 6 years since I was last there and it is one of my favourite places in the UK. I am also looking at mini trips to cities such as Bath and Cambridge before winter is over.
- Don’t get fired from my job or made redundant or quit – A bit of a funny one here, but starting my current job only in September, it is one of my goals not to lose that job for a few more months yet, or quit it!
- Plan a city break – This one has already been ticked off three times over. I have already been to Warsaw (more on that soon), I am about to book Milan or Barcelona for January and Istanbul is already booked for my birthday in February. Role on 2019!
- Go to Winter Wonderland with my man – DONE! We both managed to schedule a day last Tuesday where we were both off work, so I got this one all ticked off. More on that visit soon too!
- Plan a good New Year’s Eve – NYE is notoriously terrible for me for a number of reasons. Last year my boyfriend took it upon himself to make sure that New Year’s Eve 2018 would be a good one. Luckily for me, he has already arranged some celebrations including party tickets and booking a dinner in Central London so fingers crossed that this one is a goodie!
- Celebrate turning 25 – As of a few weeks ago I didn’t really have anything planned, but when my man messaged me at the office to say he’d booked flights to Istanbul after finding a deal we couldn’t refuse for my February big day, I guess the cogs have started to turn on this one too.
- Go to winter Zoo Nights – I went to the summer one (which you can read about here) and it was fantastic. I love the zoo, even in the middle of winter, going for my freezing February birthday in 2018.
- Host my first Christmas – This year for the first time, I have decided to get my parents down to London so I can cook Christmas dinner for them and spend it at my home, instead of ‘going back home’ for the festivities. Wish. Me. Luck.
Not to be confused with New Year’s resolutions (it is much too early for that yet, right?), what do you want to get done this winter?