I am a big fan of lists. I can make them about anything and everything. There is just so much satisfaction to be had from ticking something off or crossing an item out, and here on Ellie’s London it is no different.
As you may have seen, I do like to post summer and winter bucket lists of things I want to accomplish and what I want to do in that season. Whilst I don’t post a list for all seasons, I do combine autumn and winter together and spring and summer together to give me time to complete everything.
My winter bucket list runs from October 2019 and here are the things I would most like to get done or achieve before March 2020.
- Celebrate Bonfire Night – I prefer Bonfire Night to Halloween as I favour the festivities, food and the fireworks instead of dressing up as something silly and eating sweets.
- Carve a Pumpkin – Even with that in mind, I do still love to carve a pumpkin or two. I’d really like to do a green one this year if I can find one.
- Tour London on an Open Topped Bus – Plainly because it is something I haven’t ever done and would like to try.
- Farhan’s Birthday – My partner is turning the big 3 0 next year and we have been planning a big celebration, so hopefully everything comes off and we have a great time.
- Celebrate My Birthday – All the way in February, next year I turn 26 and officially become closer to 30 than 20, how very grown up of me. It is literally everyone’s birthday in my family over winter too, from Grandma to me, to mum and dad to my boyfriend, even my cousins are all winter babies.
- Climb The o2 Arena – This is something that has been on my list for an absolute age and I have never got around to doing.
- Visit Christmas Markets in the UK – There are so many in and around London, I want to hit them up from basically mid November and get into the spirit of things, including the famously overpriced but lovely Winter Wonderland in Central London.
- Explore a Christmas Market in Europe – With so many famous festive markets just a short flight away, I would like to head to maybe a German one to experience everything first hand.
- Make Gingerbread Men – I have not made anything out of gingerbread since I was a teenager and would love to give it a go this year, including decorating the little figures with icing.
- Cook a Mini Christmas Dinner – Since I am not cooking dinner for my family this year like in 2018, I would still love to make one for me and my partner in December, just because the process is so much fun.
- See More of the UK / Have Long Weekends Away – This is something that will always be on my list. I have seen shockingly little of the country I live in and always want to explore new places even if it is just for the day. This year I have done quite well on this one, but I don’t want to stop just because it is winter.
- Get My Travel Scrap Book Up To Date – This one is quite nerdy I guess, or creative depending on your point of view. I have not been working on it over the summer but winter is here and creative nights in are my favourite.
- Go to the Zoo – In recent years I seem to go to London Zoo twice a year. Once in summer for their carnival and once in winter as they often have really festive Christmas events on all through December.
- Free Jumping – I tried this at the start of summer and had a blast; I would love to do it again.
- Celebrate Christmas and New Year – I will be planning my New Year celebrations soon and I already know what, where and how I will be celebrating Christmas this year, but I need to make sure it is fabulous.
- Generate an Income as a Freelance Writer – I am officially working full time on becoming a paid freelancer. I would love to get the ball rolling and generate a bit of an income from this by the end of the year, and hopefully be able to grow my travel fund in the process.
- Cook More Winter Dishes – I love the food we get to eat in winter and this year I want to experiment with more dishes like I did in the summer. I also want to try making more soups now it is the season.
- Wacky Places in London – London has so many bars where you can try mini golf whilst you eat or play board games whilst having a pizza and I really want to try this as it always looks like so much fun. There’s also a Cheese Bar in North London which I am dying to try.
- See More Shows on the Stage – I really accelerated this one over summer this year, seeing a whole host of shows and plays on stage. I want to continue this into the winter as they make for a great night or afternoon out.
- Go Self Hosted With my Blog – I feel like I am finally ready to take the plunge with this one and I really want to step up my blog in the next few months, ready for 2020.
Do you like to make to do lists? What are your goals for this winter? Let me know in the comments below.